This post is all about email marketing.
Email marketing can be phenomenal for your business growth.
You can reach people in an economical way, you can add tons of value, and so much more!
More importantly, we can actually own our email lists.
There are so many people that are focusing solely on their social media pages and ignoring their email lists.
That is nuts.
At any moment, those social media platforms can shut down, kick you out, or become irrelevant.
You do not own them nor do you always know when the algorithm will want to show what you posted to your followers.
On the contrary, if I send out an email to my subscribers, they will get it!
It’s not perfect.
Email marketing is still a skill that you need to develop just like social media marketing.
However, once you learn it, it can help you earn more in less time, allow you to attract more clients, and help you automate your sales conversations.
No matter how great the strategy is, you still need people to willingly want to hear from you via email.
So what is the best way to invite them to subscribe without being salesy or pushy?
Webinars allow me to add tons of value and build my list.
This is something that works even while I am working my business “in person” with speaking engagements and business presentations.
So while I’m running back and forth from one in person presentation to another, at any given moment I have dozens and many times hundreds of people tuning into my presentations and training online…while I’m not even there!
This gives me MASSIVE leverage..
I call this approach high tech + high touch….
I want to help you explode your business so I’m going to share two secrets that have helped me WIN in a big way that very few people even know I do….
#1 Grow your business via webinars
Rather than meeting hundreds of people in person or one-on-one, I get to add value to people all around the world. In turn, my audience is not limited to learn from me when they see me in person either.
We are all limited by 24 hours in a day and must leverage the power of webinars so that you can present to more of the right people at the same time so that you can focus on the part of the business that you love- sharing your expertise.
#2 Follow up and grow your business via email marketing
Don’t leave people in suspense after your webinar! Follow up with value, give them a chance to keep learning from you, and grow your business.
The average person sees 2,000+ social media posts a day and gets 50 emails per day.
Would you rather be one of 2,000 or 1 of 50?
Why not both?!
Remember what Zig Ziglar taught us: “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
I still can’t believe I am writing emails daily to share lessons learned from over 100k subscribers.
Seems surreal to say the least.
It feels like just yesterday I was my first subscriber (because I was testing to make sure it all worked).
Fast-forward to today there are multiple brands to be incredibly proud of, a foundation we started to help others, happy students around the world, and freedom I could have only dreamed of.
Surprisingly, one of the most frequent questions I get is… How did you know it would work?
I’m assuming people are referring to writing blogs, speaking, hosting webinars, putting myself out there, adding tons of value (even when it was just crickets and me), launching e-courses, the ads, the investing in coaching, the travel, the sacrifices, the late nights, and the early mornings….
The truth is…..
Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eyes.
And if you feel like your message can change lives, freedom to live out your dreams inspires you, and you are hungry to learn how to make it all happen quickly- this is for you.
After many highs and lows, here are some lessons that I’ve learned along the way that I wanted to share with you so my experience can serve your email marketing journey as well:
- It is way harder than it looks but it is also way easier than you imagine. << If you’re confused by that, let me explain. You don’t know what you don’t know and unexpected hiccups will have to dealt with willingness to learn and emotional intelligence in order for you to win big.
- You don’t have to know how to do everything in your business to succeed. There are things that you can hire out or get support from very knowledgeable people, mentors, consultants, books, or coaches.
- You don’t need to do everything first in order to follow your heart with something that you are passionate about. When I attracted my first coaching clients, there was no website, fancy funnel, or sales page. (I always build all of that out after I test an idea…more on that another day)
- The are way more kind people online than there are haters. Don’t let the fear of people’s opinions about you, your prices, your message, or anything at all keep you from putting yourself out there. Noah looked silly building an ark until it started to rain.
- Value yourself as an asset and protect yourself from burning out. I learned this the hard way. Nothing a few boundaries can’t fix if you’re saying YES to too much right now.
- Build your list from day 1. Not when you have everything figured out, have the most gorgeous website, etc. Now. Stop relying on social media platforms and inconsistent algorithms to control when you get in front of your ideal audience. Take control of your business and how you communicate with others strategically.
Here is a list of tools that I use.
- Always add value. Whether you are sure or not of what it will lead to, if what you have to say will help people- say it now and say it out loud.
- Systems (like list building) are there to support you and not to limit you. Meaning, you can sell out your coaching package without a funnel. You can launch a program on a live and not a webinar. It’s OK to let inspiration flow. Rather than stressing over tech, I just happen to see all the systems in my business as a vehicle to helping me scale and reach more people with my message so they too can know they can have it all and how to make it happen.
- Never look at the numbers with the purpose to add meaning to them. The amount of subscribers you have doesn’t imply anything about you. 100k subscribers is so amazing because I am passionate about my message. But at the end of the day, when I write an email it is to have an impact on ONE person. The one who needed it the most that day.
- Under promise and over deliver. Being a good person, adding value, and making an impact is ALWAYS good for business and your soul.
That’s the truth.
Those lessons are key to developing a solid foundation to get your message out to the world!
If you want more info on the how, the nitty gritty, the juicy details on the systems I have in place that have allowed me to sell online with multiple brands in multiple niches while remaining an authentic lady boss, this is for you:
Click here to watch this on demand training where I break down for you how to turn what you know into a thriving online business.
Pay close attention.
Implementing what I share in this training is the difference between making sales in your sleep or not sleeping from a lack of sales.
Take notes and then take action.
All while remembering….
You can have it all.
Your favorite lady boss,
This post was all about email marketing.